Friday, April 16, 2010

TGIF- Thank God it's Frappes

SONG OF THE DAY: Somebody Told Me by The Killers
CURRENT MOOD: Sleepy and lazy

So I have a vague feeling I wrote about this before, but McDonald's Frappes are delightful. I think better than Starbucks, because they're far less icey and slushy like not to mention cheaper. Omnomnom... today started out with a mocha frappe. And it was beautiful.

I feel like such a victim of peer pressure at the moment. I got talked out of going to class. To do what? To take over a friend's cell phone (he knew about it, so don't worry, I'm not that much of a creeper) and confess his mannish love for his best friend. I decided that if I'm skipping class, I might as well be productive. Yeahhhhh... no. Here I am on blogspot.

I still feel kind of accomplished though from yesterday. I have a 10-12 page paper due Monday and, save the works cited page and some spell-checking, it is written. Turned out to be about 10 1/2 pages. I feel like such an overachiever. What was also nice is I sat outside to work on the paper yesterday. Grabbed the looptoop and a blanket and took over the backyard to write about Slumdog Millionaire. I reiterate, if you haven't seen it. Do it. Now.

So I had event invitation on Facebook about attending an audition, and it's something I'm interested in. Shakespeare festival! Downside to this is that if I got in, I'd be essentially busy the whole summer, and frankly I want the time off. As an actress, I am torn between relaxation and pursuing other endeavors.

Speaking of being an actress, well... would-be actress, for those non-thespians it might be necessary to explain the titel of the blog: Always an extra, never an ingenue. Stereotypically, ingenues are the skinny, pretty, ultra-talented lucky girls that always get to play the leads in shows, whether or not they are always the best suited for the part. It's a cruel world. And if you're a girl like me, you just have to live with the knowledge that you're never going to be that girl. You're okay for the chorus and maybe a supporting role, but you know you're never going to be the big name star. And that's discouraging. But sometimes you just have to learn to live with it and make do with what you get.

I guess that's kind of how life in general works. You should always go for what you want, even if you know there's almost no chance that you'll get it. The pursuit makes it worthwhile, at least for now.

TIP/ADVICE/ORDER of the DAY: Go get a McDonald's Frappe and rent Slumdog Millionaire. You can thank me later. Do it. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment